~The African Violet.....In Full Bloom~

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Who Will Encourage....The Encourager?

I asked the question, when I needed someone to pour into my spirit.
Without judgment, with words of wisdom, delivered to me in a way,
I would be receptive to hear it.

He has sent us the Holy Spirit to be our comforter in our time of sorrow.
For this very reason, we need not worry, fear or be discouraged about what will happen tomorrow.

In times of anguish......when we are in want and in need.
God is our source, do not look to others or seek ill gotten gain...
through your acts and deeds.

He is our help in the midst of a storm.
He keeps us through our worries, when we are in trouble, and feeling forlorn.

God is the ultimate encourager, our strength in every situation.
Lean not to your own understanding....for He is the ruler of heaven and earth and all nations.

In the words of the Psalmist, David, 'If I make my bed in the midst of hell, behold though art there". With this knowledge in my spirit I have no reason for despair.

Thank you Lord for being my encourager, my friend, my rock, my ALL and ALL.
You are always there... to pick me up...each and every time I fall.
A. Gilliam-Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment